Link Building Leeds
50 Link Building Ideas
Google is a links-based search engine. To achieve high rankings you need high quality links to your website and this won't be changing in the near future. Therefore we've compiled a list of 50 link building ideas to help to kick-start your link building strategy:
2. Build the content on your site and make it easy to understand. Link baiting is one of the most effective strategies .
3. Use pay per click advertising . More people will see your site, some of which may be bloggers who could decide to link to your site.
4. Submit articles to high-quality article directories. Take a look at this huge list of article directories .
5. Write a press release and submit it to hand-picked journalists, selected bloggers and PR distribution sites such as PRWeb and PRLeap .
6. Track who picks up your articles or press releases. Offer them exclusive news and articles.
7. Perform surveys that make people feel good or important. Salary.com conducted a study uncovering how mothers were so underpaid, resulting in many high quality links.
8. Submit your site to free directories. Check out the top online directories .
9. Submit your site to paid directories, focusing on quality and PR ratings. Consider the Yahoo Directory , Business.com and Best of the Web .
10. Create you own directory, specific to your industry. Then link to your site.
11. If you create a particularly interesting article ask a few friends to tag it on Digg.com or the Del.icio.us popular list. If it reaches the front page your website will receive a lot of traffic.
12. Join the Better Business Bureau.
13. Get a link from your local chamber of commerce.
14. Request links from relevant government and council resources and websites. These sites have high PR ratings so even a couple of successful requests can make a huge difference.
15. Consider posting an opportunity for bloggers to write about on PayPerPost . For more on this site see our Pay per Post in-depth feature .
16. See if your partners, such as retailers or manufacturers, are willing to link to your site.
17. Submit free classified ads to sites such as Gumtree and Vivastreet . Find more free classified advertising websites to advertise on.
18. Answer relevant questions on Yahoo! Answers and Google Groups , or even start a new topic and link back to your site.
19. Try adding relevant links to your site on Wikipedia .
20. Most forums allow you to leave signature links. If you make quality posts and helpful comments then people will take a look at your signature and often visit your site.
21. Review relevant products on Amazon.com .
22. Review related sites on Alexa.com .
23. Submit product and service reviews to shopping search engines such as ePinions .
24. Start ...
Link Building Tutorial - incoming, outgoing & reciprocal links
Navigation on the internet is based around links, as they save users having to type website URLs into the browser address bar, and as a result links are the primary means of navigation on the internet. Therefore it’s little surprise that search engines pay extra attention to the quantity and quality of links that a website has when assessing where it should be ranked.
When it comes to link building there are three main types of links:
The main purpose of building links is to improve your search engine rankings, although it can also bring in highly targeted traffic.
Link exchange is the practice of exchanging links with other websites, leading to reciprocal links. It’s not so important now although Yahoo! and Windows Live still give some importance to reciprocal links. Google focuses on incoming quality links, meaning that any link building strategy should be based around obtaining these.
Reciprocal links can still be sought but only ever exchange links with sites that are relevant to your target market. Search engines will ignore links coming from irrelevant sources and in a worst case scenario your website will actually be penalised for it.
As a general rule only exchange links with a site if it will bring in visitors. Ask yourself whether you would exchange a particular link if search engines did not exist. If you wouldn’t then don’t swap links. You may also want to check the page rank of the web page where your link will be placed - this page rank tool is useful for doing that.
Incoming links can be obtained in a number of ways. The best way is to provide quality content on your site, known as ‘link bait’. This will result in people naturally linking to you. You can also join a number of directories.
Some web sites now offer the ability to purchase links on their site. These tend to be high quality links, having the double effect of...